|To Strengthen SQUEAC & SLEAC Tools for Assessment Implementers|
|PRINCIPLE OBJECTIVE: To Increase uptake and integration of coverage assessments and their results by programme / service implementers|
|1||Create revised report template:|
- create more succint template with concise executive summary
- elaborate guidance note to support template
|More standardised reporting needed to increase availability and accessibility of data||1 x revised report template produced with accompanying guidelines|
- Revise Bayes Calculator tool to calculate the single coverage estimate
- Create a SLEAC tool that classifies coverage using survey results (Cin, Cout, Rin)
- Create application to produce Pareto style chart for barrier data
|Increase usability of methods for programme/service implementers||1 x revised Bayes Calculator
1 x SLEAC calculator tool developed
1 x application for barrier data
|3||Create a series of short reports on Single Coverage Estimate plus guidance note on calculations with examples.|
- Uganda Experience: Andrew Prentice
- West Africa Experience: Safari Balegamire
|Increase usability of methods for programme/service implementers||1 x guidance note with 2 case studies included|
|4||Enhanced guidance on AACF to respond to the following questions;|
1) Is AACF as effective as door to door case finding for SAM in rural settings?
2) What is the best way to structure AACF procedure?
3) If you are not sure that your AACF has truly found all SAM cases, what can you do to test this?
|Increase usability of methods for programme/service implementers||1 x Guidance Document to produce|
|5||Lessons on measuring coverage: Case Studies|
1) Guidance on measuring MAM coverage from S3M
2) Experiences and techniques for prior formulation in SQUEAC (e.g. community weighting of BBQ)
3) Sampling in high security areas
4) Maintaining spatial represetivity when using village lists
5) When can a likelihood estimation be taken as a coverage estimate?
|Increase usability of methods for programme/service implementers||2 x articles produced
1 x guidance document produced
|6||Produce guidance on the errors in LQAS in stage 2 of the SQUEAC methodology||Improving understanding and communication with stakeholders, donors and the scientific community||1 x tutorial document produced|
|7||Produce articles on the differences between the prior estimations and the likelihood results||Increase usability of methods for programme/service implementers||1 x article produced|